If you’re using for cable Internet, you’re most likely to paying a separate monthly fee for the privilege of renting a cable modem from your ISP. You will get a cable modem that might not even be good enough to hit the speed you’re paying for. But, you can get something better and recover the cost in as little as a year—and then start saving from $6-10 each month.
Unlike the competition, Arris surfboard sb6141 works compatible with almost all of the fastest Internet plans from most major Internet providers (there are others that are compatible with as many providers, but none support most of their fastest speeds). You can move almost wherever you want and be assured that this buy-once device will still work, or you can switch providers if there’s a better deal in your area.
Arris sb6141 is one of the best-rated cable modems by thousands of customers, and it’s more than fast enough for the Internet speeds most Americans have. For a basic 25Mbps or slower plan (most people are on this plan), the SB6141 can help you avoid network congestion, while an older modem could get stuck on. And if you ever upgrade to a faster plan, the SB6141 can handle it, with very few exceptions. It’s the most popular and lot of five-star reviewed cable modem in its class.
Buying the SB6141 docsis 3.0 modem can even improve your Internet speed, and you can immediately benefit from faster speeds if your ISP improves service in your area.
The ARRIS SurfBoard SB6183 is the step up from the SB6141. Its supports double the download speeds of the SB6141, but there are few Internet plans who offer that speed. You will get that speed if you subscribe to a plan like Time Warner’s 300Mbps Ultimate tier, found in locations like New York City, Los Angeles and Austin. It might give you slightly faster speeds on a 100Mbps+ plan from another provider, but only if your provider’s network can use its greater bandwidth.
The SB6141 is fast enough for almost everyone else, and it’s quite a bit cheaper. It doesn’t make sense to get the SB6183, unless you know you need it.
The SB6141 supports 8 downstream channels and 4 upstream channels. After network overhead, that gives you a maximum bandwidth of 304 Mbps downstream and 108 Mbps upstream. That’s a lot faster than most cable-Internet plans, but that’s okay—Arris sb6141 can still help you get closer to your maximum speed by reducing the effects of network congestion.
To illustrate what we mean, suppose your ISP rents you a 1×1 cable modem for your 25 Mbps plan, but your ISP actually has an 8×4 network. If there’s network congestion on your modem’s single channel, your speeds will suffer. Switching to an 8×4 modem that uses more of your ISP’s channels is like adding extra lanes to a freeway—congestion in one channel won’t affect the speeds of the others.
Arris sb6141 also makes the most sense if you’re paying for service below 300 Mbps and aren’t maxing it out—which you can check with a quick download and upload test at any number of websites.
Arris sb6141 docsis 3.0 modem is the best cable modem for most people. This 8×4 device works with a large number of ISPs and supports most of the fastest Internet plans they offer right now. It’s also popular and has a history of reliability. Even though most people don’t pay for triple-digit Internet speeds, sb6141 does a great job addressing network congestion to get you closer to your plan’s maximums, without being overkill or overpriced.
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Up to $120 per year. Please check your cable Internet service provider web site for data speed tier compatibility
- Up to 340Mbps download and upload speed. Separate router required for WiFi. 8x4 channel bonding.
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0. Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming.
- Compatibe with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, & more. Not compatible with bundled voice services.
- If the unit does not work , Check the connection of your devices. Ensure that each connection is securely and tightly plugged in. Try to refresh your cable connection by power cycling your network, If power cycling did not work, download the latest firmware of your router. After you have the downloaded the firmware, please upgrade your routers firmware manually, If the above steps did not resolve your issue, you may need to reset your router.
- ELIMINATE YOUR CABLE MODEM MONTHLY RENTAL FEE
- Item is CABLE MODEM ONLY, Frustration Free Packaging and great for Cable Internet plans up to 150Mbps
- Certified for XFINITY from Comcast, Spectrum (Including Charter, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House Networks), Cox, Suddenlink, Mediacom, and WOW
- CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
- Industry-leading 2-year warranty and unlimited 24/7 technical support
- Wired modem only, does not include WIFI router or VOIP Telephone adapter, Gigabit Ethernet port to connect to computer or Router for fast downloads
- Requires cable internet service, if not sure your provider is cable call them to confirm.
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Providers
- Internet speeds up to 1.4 Gbps download and 262 Mbps upload based on your Cable ISP subscription
- 32 download & 8 upload channels to future proof your modem as your Cable ISP enhances service offerings
- Wired modem only, Requires CABLE Internet Service, if not sure your provider is CABLE call them to confirm. Note: does NOT include WIFI Router or VOIP Telephone adapter
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Providers like Comcast, Cox, Charter, Time Warner, etc (NOT compatible with Verizon FiOS or AT&T U-verse). Supports IPv4 and IPv6 - the latest Internet standard
- It harnesses the power of DOCSIS 3.0 technology to bond up to 8 downstream channels and 4 upstream channels - providing you advanced multimedia services with data rates up to 343Mbps download and 131Mbps upload depending on your Cable Internet provider service
- Brown Box Models Not Valid for This Item When Sold As New, Should Report to Amazon Immediately and Return to Seller. Please Note : Kindly refer the Installation Video and the User Manual before use which is highly essential.
- 2 year warranty with US based customer service.
- Eliminate monthly cable modem rental fees - Up to $120 per year
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with 1 Gigabit Ethernet port.
- Up to 1.4Gbps download and upload speed. Separate router required for WiFi. 32x8 channel bonding . Cable Broadband Internet service: Please check your cable Internet service provider web site for data speed tier compatibility.Microsoft® Windows® 7, 8, Vista®, XP, 2000, Mac OS®, or other operating systems running a TCP/IP network. Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 5.0, Firefox® 2.0, Safari® 1.4, or Google ChromeTM 11.0 browsers or higher
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- Ideal for streaming 4K UHD content, fastest downloads, and high-speed online gaming
Last update on 2017-04-26