1. Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Wireless
Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Wireless – B&W has, once and for all, dropped the iOS dock from its tasty, shapely Zeppelin desktop speaker. It still has AirPlay but becomes the company’s second Bluetooth speaker after the T7 portable. That’ll cheer up Android users, while the inclusion of Spotify Connect will cheer up most everyone. B&W says it even sounds better than the old Zepp.
The first Zeppelin changed the game for speaker dock sound quality and design. Zeppelin Air raised the bar again with the addition of Airplay. Now we’ve taken our biggest leap forward yet. Using scientific advances and the latest analytical techniques, we’ve been able to improve almost every element of the system, introducing technologies never seen before in any speaker in its class, including Spotify Connect, Bluetooth aptX and Air Play. The result isn’t just a new Zeppelin. It’s a whole new standard for sound quality in wireless home audio.
- Zeppelin Wireless is the same iconic design of the original Zeppelin, but features dramatically improved acoustics and functionality, making it the best one-piece audio system available.
- All-new drive units featuring the latest audiophile technologies: 2 double dome tweeters, two midrange drivers with FST technology and a 6.5″ subwoofer for deep bass to be played at an impressive volume.
- No matter what devise you use with Zeppelin Wireless, the combination of Air Play, Bluetooth aptX and Spotify Connect means pristine sound is only a couple of button presses away.
2. KEF Muo Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Sitting in between the Boom 2 and Zeppelin price points, and managing to be differently styled as well, the Muo has some interesting features to mark it out. It will alter its sound processing depending on whether it’s horizontal or vertical. A pair of them can be linked as a stereo pair, like the Boom 2, but it also has a party-friendly mode where two are synced but playing the same output.
Designed by Ross Love Grove and engineered by KEF, Muo is packed with innovative technologies to deliver uncompromised KEF quality sound when you’re streaming music wirelessly from a computer or mobile device.
- Pure KEF sound streamed wirelessly via Bluetooth aptX.
- Thanks to a clever new compact version of KEF’s legendary Uni-Q ‘point source’ driver array and a powerful new bass radiator, the Muo fills the room with stunningly accurate sound.
- Connects to any computer or mobile device.
- Rechargeable battery with up to 12 hours of play time.
3. UE BOOM 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Natty style and good sound have always been the bedfellows of the UE Boom. But now it’ll have to sleep and because those guys have snuck off to create a four-in-a-bed scandal with the new UE Boom 2 and full lPX7 waterproofing. Saucy. The new version has tap-to-skip controls, for when you’ve lost your phone under the covers, and is a whopping 25% louder.
UE BOOM 2 is the 360-degree wireless speaker that blasts loud, insanely great sound with deep, powerful bass in every direction-everywhere you go.
- Insanely good, loud 360degree sound with deep bass
- Portable design so you can bring the music anywhere
- Waterproof*, shockproof, designed for adventure (* IPX7 rated waterproof up to 30 minutes and a depth of one meter)
- 15hour battery life and 100 ft. Bluetooth wireless range (Actual battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles)
- Tap the speaker to play, pause or skip songs
- Companion app and over-the-air speaker updates