Right off the bat, the HP ENVY 13t stands out because of the great value it offers. For $860 (at the time of writing) most of the essential features offered by the other Ultrabooks, like the same Intel Core i7 processor, 8GB of RAM, and a 128GB SSD. The display itself also boasts the same 3,200 x 1,800 pixel resolution as the others, so you’re really getting a very similar experience overall, at least in terms of performance.
However, when set beside the likes of the Dell XPS 13, the ENVY 13 clearly packs a lot less charming visually. The minimalistic aluminum and magnesium body could almost be called plain, especially when compared to the XPS 13’s stunning edge-to-edge display.
Still, it does have a few things going for it in terms of design. For instance, it is the thinnest notebook of the lot at just 0.51inch or 12.9mm thick. While it is not the It also features a unique lift hinge design that effectively elevates the keyboard when the lightest, its slim profile does mean that you’ll be able to slip it more easily amongst your files and papers. In addition, its build quality also feels quite solid, and a closer examination revealed a very well-constructed machine that should serve you quite faithfully.
It also features a unique lift hinge design that effectively elevates the keyboard when the lid is open. This provides a more comfortable angle for typing, and may even improve cooling slightly as it creates more breathing room for the exhaust vents.
The chiclet, backlit keyboard is flanked on both sides by Bang & Olufsen speakers, which are actually quite decent, as far as notebook speakers go. They were quite loud and sounded reasonably clear, so you should get a passable experience when watching movies.
A fingerprint reader occupies the right side of the palm rest. Don’t expect any fancy Touch ID-esque mechanisms on it though – this is still of the swipe-to-register variety. In all fairness, it does its job well and we were able to set up our fingerprints in Windows Hello in good time.
But you’re probably wondering what else it’s lacking compared to its more pricey counterparts. Honestly, nothing too consequential. It is missing a USB Type-c Thunderbolt 3 port that can support both HDMI and DisplayPort outputs, but it does have a full-sized HDMI port to make up for that. It also lacks a touchscreen display, but that isn’t a feature that you really need in a non-convertible Ultrabook.
Thin just got thinner
At just 12.9mm, the thinnest notebook we’ve ever made is guaranteed to intrigue with an artfully-crafted aluminum and magnesium body.
The unique lifted hinge design angles the keyboard up for a comfortable typing postition.
Weighing only 2.8 lbs
Weighing in at 2.8 lbs, this powerful machine travels light and won’t weigh you down.
All-day battery won’t quit until you do
Don’t let the size fool you. This lightweight beauty packs a heavy-hitting battery, with up to 10 hours of tireless productivity.
Ports: 3 x USB 3.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo, 1 x Multi-Format SD Media Card Reader
Wireless: 802.11 AC + Bluetooth 4.0
Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64
Webcam: HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone, Fingerprint Reader
Battery: 3-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (45WHr)
Processor: Intel Core i7-6500U Dual Core Processor (4MB Cache, 2.5GHz-3.1GHz) 15W
RAM: 8GB Onboard Memory | Hard Drive: 128GB Flash Solid State Drive
Optical Drive: None | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64
Graphics Card: Intel HD 520 Graphics | Display: 13.3-inch QHD+ IPS Display (3200 x 1800)
- 7th generation Intel® Core i7 processor: Powerful performance easily keeps up with all your multitasking demands and enables new ways to interact with your PC.
- Full HD IPS touchscreen: Enjoy vibrant, crystal-clear images with 178º wide-viewing angles.
- DDR4 RAM: With its higher bandwidth, everything from multi-tasking to playing games gets a performance boost.
- USB-CTM - versatile data-transfer: Transfer data with this reversible USB-CTM port.
- Backlit keyboard with integrated numeric pad: Keep going comfortably even in darker environments.
- Why buy: A thin and light, all-metal laptop with booming audio and processing power to handle all of your tasks on the go.
- Processor: 7th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U Processor, Dual-Core, 2.5GHz up to 3.1GHz; Fast, responsive performance and more natural, intuitive interactions with your PC.
- Display: 13.3-inch diagonal Full HD (1920x1080) IPS eDP BrightView WLED-backlit; 2.07 million pixels for crystal-clear visuals and vibrant images.
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR3 SDRAM; Use multiple applications at the same time without slowing down.
- Solid-state drive: 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2; Up to 17x faster performance than a traditional notebook hard drive.
- 7th Generation Kaby Lake Intel Core i7-7500U Dual-Core Processor (2.7GHz, turbo boost to 3.5GHz, 4M Cache), Intel HD Graphics 620, Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint reader
- 17.3-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) WLED-Backlit multi-touch edge-to-edge glass display with Wide Viewing Angle (IPS), NVIDIA GeForce 940MX (2GB DDR3L delicated) Video graphics
- 16GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (2x 8GB, expandable to 32GB), 1TB 7200rpm Serial ATA Hard Drive; B&O Audio + Stereo Speaker
- 802.11A/C Wireless, Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN, Bluetooth 4.0, SD Media Card Reader, 1x USB Type C, 3 x USB 3.1, 1 x HDMI, 1x VGA, 1 x Headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack, Built-in Webcam, SuperMulti DVD burner
- Windows 10 Home (64-bit) Pre-installed, 3-cell Battery, up to 7 hours, Color: Natural Silver
- 15.6" diagonalFull HD IPS 1920 x 1080 UWVA WLED-backlit touchscreen; Intel® HD Graphics 620 with up to 6224 MB total graphics memory, 360° flip-and-fold design, NO DVD Drive
- 7th-Generation Intel Core i7 Processor 2.7GHz with turbo boost up to 3.5GHz, 4MB L3 Cache; 12 GB DDR3 SDRAM (2 DIMM) system memory. 1TB 5400RPM Serial ATA hard drivel 1x Multi-Format Digital card reader;
- HD Webcam with integrated dual array digital microphones; Full-size island-style backlit keyboard with numeric keypad; Touchpad supporting multi-touch gestures without on/off button
- 802.11ac WLAN 2x2; Bluetooth; Integrated 10/100/1000 GbE LAN, 2 xSuperSpeed USB 3.0; 1x Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0 ; 1x HDMI; 1x RJ-45 (LAN); 1x Headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack; Bang & Olufsen with dual speakers
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit . 3-cell 48 WHr lithium-ion prismatic battery, Up to 9 hours; Silver
- Intel® Core(TM) i7-6500U Processor 2.5GHz with turbo boost up to 3.1GHz
- 12GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory
- 256 GB PCIe® NVMeTM M.2 Solid State Drive, No Optical Drive
- Windows 10 Home
Last update on 2017-04-27