Cooler Master is a well-established brand in the tech industry for their well-priced PC components and peripherals. Cooler Master has consistently rewarded its customers and fans with the utmost in innovation, choice, and control. Today, we’ll be taking a look at one of their mechanical keyboards, the MasterKeys Pro S Mechanical Keyboard with Intelligent RGB, Cherry MX Blue Switches.
If you’re not familiar with the mechanical keyboard, it is a keyboard built with high quality, typically spring activated, key switches. These key switches vary based on the keyboard’s application or user preference. Depending on what you use with your PC, a mechanical keyboard could help you type more quickly and more accurately, and it will last far longer than a traditional rubber dome keyboard will.
Mechanical keyboards raise the bar in every way. A mechanical keyboard’s switches, framing, functionality, type print methods, key construction, PCB board, LED lighting (sharpness, brightness, adjustability), and a slew of other features are far superior compared to traditional rubber dome keyboards.
MasterKeys Pro S is a well-made mechanical keyboard with superior switches and the brightest LED backlighting. Simple design with minimal, very clean look but also sturdy. Built like a tank, primarily made of metal and plastic, the housing is thick and does not flex whenever force is applied. At the bottom are four rubber feet and two kickstands with rubber grips. The border around the keyboard is very thin, which looks nice and saves space.
Cooler Master engineers redefined RGB backlighting by modifying the printed circuit board (PCB) with small cutouts to let the LEDs sit snugly against the switches. That means you’re still able to use genuine Cherry MX switches with larger RGB housing, brighter LEDs. The concentrated light under the keycaps will let your keyboard’s LEDs pop and shine with vibrant colors. No dull muted colors here.
The MasterKeys Pro available in three range, the L (large or 100% Layout), M (medium or 90% Layout), and the S (small or 80% Layout) and there are three colors to choose from Cherry MX Brown, Blue, and Red. As a small board, the MasterKeys Pro S gets rid of the Numpad for better ergonomics by letting the right hand be much closer to the left while using a mouse.
Powered by a detachable micro-USB cable, allows you to take MasterKeys Pro S easily to any events. It’s nice and very convenience that the cable is detachable, however, the port located at the back of the keyboard is exposed so you might want to be careful when moving around and the micro-USB cable is a little too short, you may need to buy an additional cable to reach your PC if it’s away from you.
The MasterKeys Pro S is decked out with RGB lighting complemented with a white Backplate to give off a cleaner look. The LED is located just above the switch and is contained in a clear housing. This makes the lighting of every key even as there is nothing blocking out the light coming from the LED. The LEDs are bright and shine through and around the caps perfectly.
Brilliant RGB lighting with 16.7 million colors – no dull, muted colors here. A patented design makes each per key LED pop-out and shine. RGB lighting works very well with a nice white background, the LEDs really shine no matter the color and shines through the letters on the keys, too.
The RGB lighting comes with several modes: steady, vertical wave, starburst, reactive, gaming, random, raining, breathing, shockwave, and the most fun of all, you can play snake with the LEDs. You can customize each color with or without software. This mean you can use it natively in any computer without the Cooler Master software. Perfect for any computer which you don’t have the admin privileges to install the software.
The LED, macro, and media keys are accessible through the function key with a combination of other keys. You can program multiple keystrokes to a single key or change Per-Key backlighting with intuitive keyboard commands. The mechanical keys work really well and smoothly typing experience due to its tactical click but it may annoy your office mates as its click-clack can be clearly heard across a quiet room.
MasterKeys Pro S is a minimal mechanical keyboard with a very clean look and help you saves space. This is the brightest backlit keyboard that we ever test, the LED light can shine through the letters on the keys in semi-dark conditions. Detachable micro-USB cable makes it ready for any events. It allowed you to play games longer compared to a full layout keyboard. This “S” range may not be the keyboard for anyone who constantly uses the Numpad. But for people who want to try a mechanical keyboard with RGB lighting, the MasterKeys Pro S is worth to try.
- Brilliant RGB lighting with 16.7 million colors – no dull, muted colors here. A patented design makes each per key LED pop-out and shine.
- Multiple lighting modes – customize each color with or without software. Preset modes include color wave, Breathing, and unique responsive effects.
- 100% authentic CHERRY MX Blue switches – gamers demand the best, which is why the MasterKeys Pro s only uses 100% authentic CHERRY MX switches.
- On-the-fly macros and profile support – program multiple keystrokes to a single key or change Per-Key backlighting with intuitive keyboard commands.
- 100% anti-ghosting – new tech rolls 6-key and N-key into one. No matter how fast and furious it gets, on iOS or Windows, your keyboard can handle it.
MasterKeys Pro S Mechanical Keyboard with Intelligent RGB, Cherry MX Blue Switches, Multiple Lighting Modes and 80% Layout
- World's fastest RGB mechanical gaming keyboard: Exclusive Romer-G Mechanical Switches with up to 25 percent faster actuation
- Customizable RGB illumination: Personalize individual key lighting from a palette of 16 million colors
- Arx Control App and smartphone dock: Instantly access in-game data on your smartphone or tablet without interrupting the game
- 9 programmable G-keys: Create custom game macros to execute complex commands with lightning speed and accuracy
- Dedicated media controls: One-touch control panel for quick access to play, pause, mute, volume and skip
- [Mechanical Keyboard]:Plug and play,no driver needed;Intelligent automatic switch N-Key Rollover and 6-key-rollover without using control key;Each floating key is controlled by a separate switch,offering you a unique unfair gaming advantage
- [Additional Macro Recording]:No driver required,pressing "FN+F12 "to record 5 groups of macros setting under FN+Y/U/I/O/P;Pressing "FN+Win" to lock the WIN key for preventing accidentally pop up while gaming.Easily access to media controls by FN shortcuts,such as media, play/pause and calculator
- [7 Rainbow Backlight Modes with Adjustable Brightness]:Pressing "FN+PRTSC" to choose your favorite mode among 7 Rainbow backlight modes(No support for changing to one solid color)；Pressing "FN+↑/↓" to adjust the backlight brightness or turn it off
- [Unique Side Backlight]:Pressing "FN+Ins"to switch the side backlight modes- 7-colors breathing mode( default mode)/7single-color modes; Pressing "FN+PgUp/PgDn" to adjust the side backlight brightness or turn it off
- [Ergonomic Design with Build Quality]:Removable wrist rest ,high quality Aluminum panel and ABS double-color injection molding keycaps,effectively reduce your finger fatigue in long time use and gives you comfortable touch for everyday using.Compatible with XP/Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10/Window 2000
- Excellent Material :with ultra-thin 1mm metal brushed chassis and Tough Metal Panel,Unfading Laser carving characters .Ergonomic design ,splash-resistant & dustproof 7mm floating keycaps , mechanical feeling, Strong sense of rhythm and powerful clicking sound.
- Function key： With simultaneous operation of up to 19 keys without conflict, 104 standard keys ,13 composite keys,Direction key "↑ ← ↓ →" keys and "WASD" keys are Interchangeable by pressing key FN+ W；Change color by pressing FN+TAB ；Change brightness by pressing FN +ESC .
- Braided USB cable：Nickel-plated USB interface, Anti-Jamming and Good stability, Anti Interference Ring, braided cable has the advantages in corrosion resistance, strong abrasion resistance and long service life .
- Power Save:Lights off when computer shut down, Intelligent dormancy within 10 minutes when computer is not in use.Can be waken up by any keys.
- The Metal wiredrawing's outer covering lets the keyboard seems on quite the scale. Metal base and enhanced weight designed to keep your keyboard in place for better gaming experience. Gold-plated interface and magnet ring can to a large degree guarantees stable data transmitting. 2 stands on the back of keyboard can adjust the keyboard height.
- The backlit can be switched among three color (Purple/Red/Blue) or turned off at will. Breathing LED lights under the control of microcomputer to complete the gradual change from light to dark, feeling as if people in breathing.
- Flexible removable keycaps, constructed with floating keys, non-slip design for enhanced durability and tactile feedback, bringing you the best typing/gaming experience.
- Compatible with Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10,MAC,Linux etc.
- It is intelligent USB connectivity, no need to code, plug & play (No need CD driver).
- Whether zipping across the screen or honing in on a single pixel, the DPI sensor responds accurately to your hand movements.
- 6 buttons with 3D anti-skid scroll wheel easily activate spells, items, and custom in your favorite MMO. Looks more attractive with metal back.
- Breathing LED lights under the control of microcomputer to complete the gradual change from light to dark, feeling as if people in breathing.
- This mouse is designed according to ergonomics so as ensure beautiful lines and comfortable hand feeling. Will not be tired after long time using.
- It is intelligent USB connectivity, no need to code, plug & play (No need CD driver).
Last update on 2017-04-27
http://news.google.com Tue, 15 Mar 2016 17:14:07 GMT
The Tech Report, LLCCooler Master’s MasterKeys Pro L and Pro S keyboards reviewedThe Tech Report, LLCFor some time now, Corsair’s K70 RGB has been considered among the best RGB LED-equipped mechanical keyboards on the market. Today, Cooler Master is …
http://news.google.com Fri, 08 Jan 2016 11:43:58 GMT
KitGuruCooler Master Announces RGB Keyboardsguru3d.com (press release)Minimalistic design meets illumination in Cooler Master’s first RGB mechanical keyboard series with Cherry MX switches. The MasterKeys Pro L is the full-size version, and those see …
http://news.google.com Mon, 14 Nov 2016 15:10:54 GMT
VR-ZoneA $50 Corsair RGB Mechanical Keyboard? Nope (Updated)Tom’s HardwareWe did a double take last week when we saw Corsair’s announcement that its new K55 keyboard would cost just $50. The K55’s announcement boasted of RGB lighting, too, which is t …