You may have a smoke detector in your home but do you have a CO detector?
The Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association says… “Once you become a homeowner, the safety of your home and the loved ones who live there become a main concern. A few common precautions you’ve taken to protect your family from danger include having a security system professionally installed, regularly testing your smoke detectors and creating an emergency escape plan. But you may be neglecting one of the biggest dangers lurking in your home.
That danger is known as carbon monoxide (CO) – a colorless, tasteless and odorless gas that is undetectable by human senses. Carbon monoxide is created by burning fuel such as gas, oil, kerosene, wood or charcoal. It can emit from any source that burns fuel, including furnaces, fireplaces, space heaters, central heating systems, stoves and automobiles. These products are designed to function safely and only release a harmless amount of CO into the air, but improper use, damage or faulty construction can cause them to produce high levels of the toxic gas, which can be lethal.
The effects of carbon monoxide can be deadly. In the body, red blood cells absorb carbon monoxide quicker than they pick up oxygen. When high levels of carbon monoxide are present, the body begins to replace oxygen with carbon monoxide in the blood, which blocks oxygen from getting into the body. As a result, the victim may begin to experience headaches, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest pain and confusion. If left untreated, carbon monoxide poisoning can result in death.”
So how can you protect your family from carbon monoxide?
Kidde KN-COPP-B-LPM is Carbon Monoxide Alarm includes a digital display feature. The Kidde KN-COPP-B-LPM has been carefully designed and tested to detect CO concentration in a residential environment. Very easy to install, suitable for all living areas that require advanced level of protection.
Kidde KN-COPP-B-LPM continuous monitoring of CO levels in PPM, even during power outages when many CO incidents occur. Easy viewing carbon monoxide levels from digital display, updating every 15 seconds. It will also detect and store concentration CO levels with its peak level memory display.
Kidde KN-COPP-B-LPM comes with battery safeguard alarm, makes it difficult to close the battery door without the batteries being installed.
Battery Operated – Provides best protection during power outages.
Digital Display – Shows CO level in PPM (parts per million). Updates digital reading every 15 seconds allowing you to see if levels change.
Peak Level Memory – Displays the highest CO concentration measured since the last reset.
Test/Reset Button – Tests CO alarm circuit operation and allows you to immediately silence the alarm.
Low Battery Signal – Alerts user when the batteries need to be replaced.
Slide-Out Battery Door Cover – Gives immediate access to batteries.
Battery Safeguard – Makes it difficult to close the cover without batteries in the unit.
Power Source: Three AA batteries (included)
Audio Alarm: 85dB at 10ft
Temperature Range: 40˚F (4.4˚C) to 100˚F (37.8˚C)
Humidity Range: 5% to 95% relative humidity (RH)
Size: 4.5”L x 2.75”H x 1.5” D
Weight: .66lbs (with batteries)
Buy Kidde KN-COPP-B-LPM
Check Price and Availability
- Digital display displays the level of carbon monoxide the unit is sensing
- Peak Level Button -Displays the peak CO level recorded by the alarm since it was last reset or unplugged
- Power - 120 volts AC, 60 Hz, 60 mA max, 9 volt battery back-up
- In alarm condition you will hear 4 quick beeps, 5 seconds off, repeat.
- Meets Underwriters Laboratories (UL) UL2034 compliance. Three convenient mounting options
- Large digital display is easy to read, even in low-light conditions
- Peak-level memory displays the highest CO concentration measured since the last reset
- Battery Operated - Provides best protection during power outages.
- Battery Safeguard, Low Battery Signal, Slide-Out Battery Door Cover
- Meets Underwriters Laboratories (UL) UL2034 compliance.
- Battery-operated carbon monoxide alarm
- Uses electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor--the most accurate technology available
- Simple to use silence/test button, low battery warning, end-of-life timer
- 1-9V Battery (included) power source. (NOTE: Product may come with 2 AA batteries. This is the same model.)
- 5 year limited warranty
- 120v Ac Plug-in Alarm
- Test/silence Button
- End-of-life Timer
- 7-year Limited Warranty
- Battery Backup
- Battery operated with 3 AA batteries included; provides protection during power outages
- Battery lockout system deters closing battery compartment without installation of batteries
- Test/reset button tests the unit for proper operation and resets the carbon monoxide alarm
- Kidde's carbon monoxide alarms meet the requirements of Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
- Model KN-COB-B-LPM is similar to 9CO5-LP
Last update on 2017-04-26