Chromecast is a thumb-sized media streaming device that plugs into the HDMI port on your TV. Simply use an Android phone, tablet, iPhone, iPad, Mac or Windows laptop, or Chromebook to cast your favorite entertainment and apps right to the big screen.
Chromecast works with a growing number of apps, including Netflix, HBO GO, YouTube, Watch ESPN & Pandora. For everything else, you can mirror what you see on the small screen to the big screen. If you’re on your laptop, you can cast any website in Chrome; and from your Android phone or tablet, you can mirror your screen to the TV.
With Chromecast, your phone is your personalized remote control. Use the apps you know and love on your phone to search and browse, play, pause, rewind, control the volume and even make playlists. While casting, you’re free to use your phone for other things.
Your friends and family can cast to the TV using their own phone or tablet, too – with no additional set-up required. Everyone can sit back and enjoy together on the biggest screen in the home. When you’re not casting, you can turn your TV screen into a beautiful backdrop filled with artwork, personal photos, satellite imagery and more.
It’s easy for everyone to enjoy Chromecast. It works with the devices you already own including smartphones, tablets and laptops. Plus, it automatically updates with new features and we’re adding more apps all the time, so your Chromecast keeps getting better. It takes only a few minutes to set up, and at it cost, it’s affordable to get one for every TV in the house.
3 Android Apps for Streaming to Chromecast
At any given time, we love using our mobile devices for numerous purposes. Not only it is convenient but also it is a quick way of doing any stuff on your fingertips. Now same goes for looking at pictures or watching a movie clip too. Even though, you enjoy watching it on your phone but then there is another option of looking at these streams on a bigger screen. There are many options that will help you in doing so, for example using Google Chromecast you can stream small screen content to the big screen that will help connect your device to the TV set. Given here are three such Android apps for video streaming to Chromecast and make things easier for you.
Native App – Chromecast app is available for free that will help you stream to Chromecast. Previously, this app was employed to setup Wi-Fi connectivity and giving a name to your device. The latest update on this app helps in streaming media to a big screen. The app is used as a mirror for device screen that will go on to the TV set. This way you need not install any other third-party app.
Third Party App – It is available free of cost. However, the premium version will cost you $4.99. This app comes handy at a time when your Chromecast app is not compatible for videos. It serves as an alternative app that will help you overcome any such trouble. AllCast is the oldest of Chromecast apps that has made it to Google Play. This app gets updated timely to help users get the latest version without hassle. You can share local content and even connect it to your drives on cloud including Google Drive, Dropbox, and Google + accounts. A free trial version too is available for you so that you can check if it is compatible on your device.
CloudCaster – CloudCaster is yet another app that is available for free but if you want to remove ads then this will cost you $3.72. It is sadly not available in the UK. This app enables you in gaining access to more of cloud services than any other apps. You will be able to gain access and connect to apps like Dump Truck, Sycarsync, Cubby, CloudMe, Bitcasa, OneDrive, Box, Copy and many more. You even have the option of rotating your video if it is not in the correct orientation.
Check Price and Availability
- The next generation of our bestselling Fire TV Stick. The most powerful streaming media stick under $50-now with the Alexa Voice Remote.
- Enjoy over 10,000 apps, games, and Alexa skills including Netflix, Hulu, HBO NOW, YouTube, Amazon Video, NBC, WatchESPN, Disney, and more. Subscription fees may apply.
- Launch and control content with the included Alexa Voice Remote. Simply say, "Play Game of Thrones" or "Launch Netflix" and Alexa will respond instantly. Plus, play music, find movie show times, order a pizza, and more-just ask.
- No cable or satellite? No problem. Watch the best of live TV and sports from AMC, HGTV, ESPN, FOX, and others with a subscription to DIRECTV NOW, or top-rated primetime shows with CBS All Access.
- Find the best way to watch with universal search results from over 140 channels and apps including Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Video
- Fast fluent and perfect image with HD 1080P;
- Wireless Display HDMI Adapter streams online video, music, gallery etc. to your HDTV through your smart phones, tablets or laptops. Easy plug and connect,firmware updated or switched automatically while connect to internet;
- Support online movies,online webcast,web browsing and YouTube with 1080P. Works for all IOS 7.0+ & Mac OS devices with Airplay,all Windows and Android 4.0+ Devices need to install free APP:"AirParrot" , IOS10 system is not supported ;
- Cast Content: Video / photo / game / files; Support most video websites(app or online)- YouTube, Facebook, Twitter... However, NOT Support HDCP, as Netflix,HBO,showtime is a video website charges fee and limited to display;
- 4 mode: Miracast / DLNA / Airpaly/Airmirror.
- The all-new Roku Express delivers fast HD streaming at an incredible price.
- There are no monthly rental fees for owning a Roku Express-it's so affordable, you can make every TV in your home smart.
- Because Roku Express is from Roku, you'll get great features like an easy-to-use remote, simple navigation, and unbiased search across top channels.
- High Performance Chromecast Cable
- Powers Chromecast Device from TV USB Port
- Ideal USB Cable Length
- Clean and Simple Solution
- NOTE: Does not include Chromecast
- Cast photo/video/music from Android smartphone/iPhone/tablet PC to large screen TV/Projector
- Wi-Fi: 802.11b / g / n 2.4GHz Wireless WiFi 150Mbps. (Comes with External WiFi Antenna to provide 10M WiFi Signal Coverage)
- Support multi-screen interactive features like AirMirror/DLNA/Miracast/Airpaly
- Support vehicle HDMI interface. You can connect your phone to car screen in wireless to share Navigation map information. Support synchronization playing of audio and video.
- Note 1: You had better buy a 5V-1A Power Adapter by yourself. And you should connect the Power Adapter to the item before use. Note 2: In order to have a good use experience, you had better read the User Manual before use.
Last update on 2017-04-26