Back in 2014, Amazon released their flagship smart speaker name “Amazon Echo”. It’s a smart cylindrical speaker with built-in microphones and runs on Amazon’s in-house software. The key selling point of the Echo is that it features Amazon’s Alexa digital assistant, which enable user can be controlled by using their voice.
Now in 2017, Amazon Introducing the Echo Show which brings you everything you love about Alexa, and now she can show you things. Watch YouTube video, photos, weather forecasts, checking baby-monitor and more.
Here are 10 things you need to know about the new Echo Show.
- The Echo Show features its own 7-inch built-in color touchscreen. This means it can offer slightly more usability than the Echo such as watch YouTube video or make video calls.
- Functionality is the same since the Echo and Echo Show feature the same Amazon’s Alexa digital assistant in both devices.
- Echo Show available in black or white, it looks like an old kitchen counter-top TV set.
- Amazon Echo Show is significantly bigger than the Echo, measuring 187 x 187 x 90mm. So, you’ll have to be much more careful about where you place it in your home.
- The Echo Show has eight-microphone array, one more than the seven-microphone array that the Echo has.
- The Echo Show is just listed as having “dual 2-inch stereo speakers”, while the Echo has a 2.5-inch woofer and a 2-inch tweeter.
- The Echo Show has new messaging service includes a feature called “Drop In,” designed to let people connect more easily with close friends and family members who also have an Echo Show.
- According to Amazon, you can comfortably view the screen from about 7-feet away, even in a bright environment.
- The Echo Show has a 5-megapixel camera, so you can beam your face to your friends and family directly from the Echo Show.
- Finally, the Echo Show is equipped with Bluetooth, so even if your music app of choice isn’t supported natively (such as Apple Music), you can still stream it to the Echo Show.
It’s impossible to say which Echo Show well worth right now until we get our hands on an Echo Show. But what we can say is that the Echo Show will provide a fuller experience.
Amazon Echo Show opens up new interactive dimensions to the new experience as it can provide you with information visually (via its screen) as well as through sound; previous speakers were limited to using voice to communicate.