Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ70 is billed as the “ultimate travel camera for every destination”, and actually features a sensor with a lower resolution count that its predecessor, the DMC-TZ60, which boasts an 18.1-megapixel MOS sensor.
This lowered pixel count should make for improved low-light performance, and indeed the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ70 was one of the better performers at ISO 6400. The camera features slight design changes from its predecessor, with a larger hand grip in the front and a flatter profile overall. It’s also very slightly taller and wider at 11 o. 7 x 64.6 x 34.4 mm (compared to 110.6 x 64.3 x 34.4 mm of the DMC-TZ60), but otherwise everything remains essentially unchanged save a slight shift of the Live View function key to the center.
That’s actually now a programmable function button, giving you two buttons with which you can assign custom functions to in addition to the four main quick access buttons on the directional pad. There isn’t a quick menu function on the DMC-TZ70 though, so you will probably find yourself diving into the full menu fairly often. Menu is divided into four sections – Rec, Motion Picture, Setup and Wi-Fi. That adds a bit more hassle to something as simple as changing the White Balance or your drive modes.
What’s nice is the control ring over the lens as it’s certainly a good size to allow for precise adjustments like when you’re doing manual focus for extreme close-ups. Another small touch we also liked was how the camera displays the entire zoom range for each stop when you adjust the lever. You can immediately tell the minimum focus distance of the camera for the particular zoom length it’s set at, which can at times help explain why the camera can’t get focus (too close to the subject).
- Control ring adds a good tactile feel to the camera
- No quick menu, you’ll have to do more menu diving
- 18.0-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor, DIGIC 5 processing
- 4.6 FPS high-speed burst, 3-inch touchscreen LCD display
- 8% reduction of body size than older models, remote operation of the smartphone
- Hybrid CMOS AF II system, Sensitivity: ISO 100-12,800, expandable to ISO 25,600
- 1080p full HD video, Movie Servo AF continuous subject tracking
Panasonic DMC-TZ70 (Silver) LUMIX 30x Travel Zoom Digital Camera with Eye Viewfinder WiFi NFC – International Version (No Warranty)
- Bring the action in super close with category class leading 60X optical zoom (20mm-1200mm)
- Experience Full 1080/60i HD Panasonic Video recording with auto focus
- Zoom focused Dolby quality sound recording locks out ambient noise for enhanced audio quality
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 130.2 x 97.0 x 118.2 mm / (5.13 x 3.82 x 4.65 inch)
- LUMIX 30X Travel Zoom Camera with Eye Viewfinder
- Enhanced low-light sensitivity for improved sharpness even without a flash
- Built-in eye viewfinder eliminates outdoor glare on sunny days
- Focal Length (28 - 840mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 video recording / Level Shot function Off)
- Focal Length (30 - 900mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 video recording / Level Shot function On)
- Large 1", 20 Megapixel sensor delivers brighter, more colorful photos with fewer image artifacts.
- 3x (24-72mm) F/1.4-2.8 LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMILUX optical zoom lens performance, with super bright F/1.4-2.8 aperture for impressive background defocus effects.
- 4K Ultra HD video recording plus exclusive LUMIX 4K PHOTO and 4K Post Focus and internal Focus Stacking modes.
- Premium lens-mounted control ring brings DSLR-like exposure control to a compact point-and-shoot camera body.
- Large 3.0-inch touch monitor (approx.1040k-dot) tilts upward 180 degree for easy selfie photos.
- EXCLUSIVE 4K photo combined with 4K video capture performance.
- 18.1MP sensor resolution.
- Optically stabilized 20-1200mm (60x) LUMIX DC Vario Lens
- Fast and accurate focusing Utilizing LUMIX DFD focusing system.
- Travel ready USB charging.
- Superb DSLM image quality without the bulk and weight of traditional DSLRs
- Never miss a photo with three unique 4K Ultra HD Video pause and save 4K Photo Modes
- Fast and precise auto focusing tracks the subject
- Class-leading, ultra-compact, interchangeable lens and accessory options
- Unwire Your Creativity with integrated Wi-Fi sharing
* last update: 2017-06-11