The next-generation Samsung 950 PRO delivers uncompromising power and performance. Equipped with the enhanced bandwidth of the NVMe interface, the 950 PRO is ideal for intensive workloads while remaining extremely energy efficient consuming just 5.7 W at peak workloads. Presented in a compact M.2 form factor, the 950 PRO is ideal for consumer professionals using high-end PCs and workstations.
In the past four years, Samsung has continue develop and made key announcements at its annual SSD Global summit. In 2015, the highlight was the innovative SSD 950 Pro, Samsung’s newest flagship and its first consumer PCle-based SOLID STATE DRIVE. The Samsung SSD 950 Pro is only available in an M.2 form factor, so it is extremely small. It also means that users without an appropriate M.2 connector will need to go with an M.2 to PCle adapter.
It supports the PCle 3.0 x4 interface, which many Samsung users have demanded since the SATA interface was definitely limiting the overall performance of previous Samsung flagship drives. Due to its support for PCle 3.0 x4, the 512GB version of the SSD 950 Pro has rated sequential read and write speeds of an extremely 2,500MB/s and 1,500MB/s, respectively, this is approximately three to five times quicker than SATA-based SSDS.
Designed to boost performance, the SSD 950 Pro is also one of the few consumer SSDs currently available that supports the new NVMe protocol, just like the Intel SSD 750 Series. Simply speaking, NVMe allows for more commands per queue plus more queues, to take advantage of the extremely low latency of flash-based storage. Samsung 950 PRO Series uses Samsung’s unique triple-core UBX controller and 32-layer MLC V-NAND. Vertical NAND was expressly developed by Samsung to handle the shortcomings of current planar NAND. It stacks cells on top of each other so that there’s no need to cramp cells so closely together. Cells that are too closely packed together can cause disruption, data corruption and suffer from poorer endurance.
So, the 512GB SSD 950 Pro is guaranteed to work well for up to 400TB of writes, this works out to over 200GB of writes every day, significantly more than its rivals. However, because of the lack of space on a M.2 stick, the SSD 950 Pro is currently only available in smaller 256GB and 512GB capacities.
The drive is packaged as-is, with no additional accessories. Samsung does provide Samsung Magician utility which can be used to monitor and manage the drive. You can easily migrate data from one drive to the new Samsung SSD by its own data migration software. Samsung 950 PRO SSD is ideal for consumer professionals who demand blazing fast storage for their high-end PCs and workstations!
- Next Generation M.2 SSD Based on NVMe Protocol (PCIe, Gen. 3, x4), Ideal for Intensive Workloads, Maximum Performance & Endurance
- Ultra-fast Sequential Read/Write Performance: Up to 2,500MB/s and 1,500MB/s Respectively. Random Read/Write IOPS Performance : Up to 300K and 110K Respectively*
- Ultimate Performance, Reliability, & Efficient Power Management Powered by Samsung V-NAND Technology and a 5-Year Limited Warranty
- Included Contents: NVMe M.2 (2280) SSD & User Manual (All Other Cables, Screws, Brackets Not Included).
- Free download of Samsung Data Migration and Magician software available for easy installation and SSD management
- Windows 10/8.1 (32/64bit, Which Natively Support NVMe) Compatible*
- Check supporting operating system and hardware configurations to confirm compatibility